Special Coronavirus update:
Please know we are committed to continuing the important mission of our parish at this time. To help us, I’m asking you today to continue your weekly ‘or monthly’ offertory gift IF you are in a financial position to do so. You can:
- Drop your envelope off at the parish office using the slot in the front door
- Mail your envelope to us: 1225 Alta Vista St, Dubuque IA, 52001
- Consider using a special link the Archdiocese has set up specifically for electronic gifts (credit cards and debit transfers) to our parish at https://dbqarch.org/donate-to-your-parish. ‘Select ‘Nativity – Dubuque’ and complete the online form.’ All gifts will go directly to Nativity.
- Sign up for Automatic Funds Transfer - contributions are made automatically from your checking or savings account each month – no matter where you bank. This is a great convenience for both you and Nativity. Getting started and making changes is simple. Call the parish office for more details or fill out this PDF and send it to the office via mail, email, or drop off.
- Make an IRA Rollover Gift - beginning January 1, 2020, if you were born after July 1, 1949 and have an IRA, you must take annual IRA Required Minimum Distributions (RMD) when you turn 72. If you were born on or before July 1, 1949 you are still required to take your required minimum distribution at age 70 ½. Please note: You have to take the distribution whether you need the money for living expenses or not. If you don’t need those proceeds to make financial ends meet, then we ask you to consider giving those proceeds directly to Nativity Church. By doing so you pay no income tax on this RMD. More importantly, by doing so you help continue the important spiritual work our parish strives to do each and every day. It is important to first of all contact your IRA administrator or Fr. Andy or Joan in the Nativity parish office to see how you can roll over into tax savings while helping support our spiritual mission. There is a specific process and forms that need to be used and they can help you through those simple steps.
People will not be in the pews this weekend, but God’s Church continues, His love continues, and our faith continues. You remain in my prayers. God bless.